What we offer
The GREAT Project is here to help individuals within families move toward employment and training.
Rather than provide a one-size-fits-all solution, we’ll work with you to understand the challenges that you face. Together, we will then design a support package that’s right for you.
Each individual is different, so throughout the process of building your support package, you’ll receive one-to-one support from an Employment Support Officer (ESO). Together, you’ll build a plan which takes your individual needs, goals and challenges into account.
Support you can access
When you get involved with the GREAT Project, you’ll be able to access support from our partners and from our Employment Coordinators, who deliver training courses around employability skills. Each partner offers something different that you might like to get involved in, and your ESO will be able to help you decide which partners you might want to work with.
Healthy Working Futures
- Health assessments, diagnosis support and occupational health support, to help you overcome any health-related barriers to work and training
Business in the Community
- Taster days and work experience in a range of industries
- ‘Behind the scenes’ tours at local businesses
- Help to find jobs that meet your specific needs and skills
Leicestershire County Council
- Work clubs in libraries to offer one-to-one support with job searching
- Support with key employment skills, like CV writing
- A 10-week course focusing on practical, DIY and construction skills, with the possibility of studying towards a qualification.
- Female-only courses where needed
GREAT Employment Coordinators
- Help with managing your money, including accounts that accommodate Sharia law
- Training on key skills like interviewing
- Focused support for communities with particular needs, such as the Eastern European population
- Childcare support, so you can attend the courses that best fit your needs
Personal Development Point (PDP)
- Confidence building courses
Make a referral
If you’d like to get involved in any of these activities, all you need to do is submit a self-referral form to us or call us on 0116 257 5020. You can also find out whether you meet our criteria for support.
If you’re an organisation and think you’re working with someone who would benefit from the GREAT Project, we’d love to hear from you too. You can also submit a referral form or give us a call.