Who we help
The GREAT Project was created to help members of families in Leicester and Leicestershire.
When we determine who is eligible to receive our support, we have a specific definition of what we mean by ‘member of a family’.
What we mean by ‘family’
We can help you if you are one of the following:
- A parent with children living at home, or;
- A parent who has contact with their children of school age or below, or;
- An adult living with parents or other family members
As well as being a member of a family, you must also be:
- Over 18 and not currently in paid work
- Willing to participate in the project’s activities
- Living in Leicester or Leicestershire
- Eligible to work legally in the UK
Barriers to work
For us to offer you support, you must also experience at least one of the following barriers to employment or training:
- Lack of confidence or motivation
- Lack of skills, experience or qualifications
- Disabilities and health conditions
- Mental health or anxiety
- Lack of job skills
- Language barriers
- Lack of access to childcare
- Worried about the effect on your benefits if you start work
- Lack of opportunities
- Time pressures at home
- Other family members
- Transport or cost of transport
Make a referral
If this sounds like you, and you’d like to find out whether the GREAT Project can support you, all you need to do is submit a self-referral form to us or call us on 0116 257 5020. You can also find out more about the kinds of support we offer.
If you’re an organisation and think you’re working with someone who would benefit from the GREAT Project, we’d love to hear from you too. You can also submit a referral form or give us a call.